Corvette’s 2009 Model Year Features
All eyes are on the 2009 ZR1!
David Hill, Chief Engineer of Corvette,
decided in 2003 that he wanted the Registry members present at the Birthday Bash
to be the first group informed about the new upcoming model year changes. He
liked the idea that Registry members would take back the latest Corvette
information, whether it was a new color, improved features or options, or even
new model news, and spread it around the world via web sites and chat rooms long
before the traditional car magazines would be able to print it and mail it.
Thank you, David, for your vision of
allowing the C5/C6 Bash to be the place where the future is unveiled today!
Here is a summary of the 2009 C6
highlights presented to members present at this year’s Bash
2009 Model Year
— All Corvettes
Variable ratio steering (a significant enhancement to the 2008 improved steering
• Dark Titanium Custom Interior and the very well received Ebony Custom Interior
(available during the late 2008 Model Year) • New Exterior Colors include Blade
Silver and Cyber Gray.
• Steering Wheel audio controls will now be standard on all
• Bluetooth phone (UPF) connection included with 2LT interior
packages and above.
• New C6 Corvette emblems with a bright surround.
• Bosch will be the supplier for the ABS, traction control,
active handling hardware and brake related software as an overhaul of the 2009
Corvette brake system takes place.
Year — Coupe and Convertible
• The Convertible C6 model will now include a 1LT Package
added to the line up. This will allow Corvette to now have a Convertible at a
reduced cost over the 2008 model year 2LT price point.
• The new Forged Chrome Wheels (Q9V) which is a version of
the new 2008 style 5-spoke forged aluminum wheel became available in late 2008
and is the standard wheel on the Indy Pace Corvettes.
Year — Z06
• The development of the ZR1 has allowed some
engineering enhancements to be shared with the Z06. As an example,
its dry sump oil tank will increase in size from 8 quarts to 11.5
quarts, just like the ZR1 will have.
• Z06 interiors have new added colors as
• The acoustic package and power hatch pulldown
will now be standard on all Z06s.
2009 Cyber Gray Z06 with new Competition Gray Spider
• The Z06s Ebony base seats, which are currently stitched in
red, will be changed to a gray stitch.
• The Z06 will receive its own very unique Z06 sill plates.
• The very popular original design Z06 wheel in Chrome (Q76)
will be available at least one more year.
• Exterior Design Manager Kirk Bennion brought to the show
his latest creation for the Z06. They are his outstanding newly designed Spider
Wheels. They will be available in Silver (Q10), Competition Gray (Q44) or Chrome
ZR1 Unique Features
• Unique VIN sequencing for all model year ZR1s •
LS9 Supercharged V8 with 638 HP and 604 lb-ft Torque and a Certified
Top Speed of 205 mph • Unique Hood — Visible Carbon fiber inside and
painted outside with a sealed raised window to view Supercharged
engine • Roof and Roof Bow with visible carbon fiber • Ceramic
Brembo Brakes with 394 mm (15.5") front rotors and 380 mm (15") rear
• Brake pads are among the largest for a
production vehicle at 148 sq.cm.
• 20-Spoke Sterling
Silver Painted Wheels (Standard) or Optional Chrome — 19x10" front
and 20x12" rear • Michelin Pilot Sport 2 ZP — 285/30-19 front and
335/25-20 rear • Carbon Fiber Fenders — Wider with Unique Dual Cove
design • Front Splitter in visible carbon fiber • Rocker Extensions
in visible carbon fiber • Unique design body color full width
Spoiler • ZR1 Badges placed on Fender, Rear Fascia, and Cluster •
ZR1 Seat Embroidery and Sill Plates including ZR1 logo • Boost Gauge
in Cluster and HUD, 220 mph speedometer • Magnetic Selective Ride
Control with Track Level Suspension • Latest Engineering Designed
LS9 Supercharged engine is ready for business!